Get A Six-Month Tax Extension!!!

What is Extension Tax?

You may need more time to prepare your federal income tax return, and then you can file an Extension for time to file tax returns. Please be aware that an extension of time to file your return does not grant you any extension of time to pay your tax liability.

If you are not able to file your federal individual income tax return by the due date, you may be able to get an automatic 6-month extension of time to file. To do so, you must file Form 4868, Application for Automatic Extension of Time To File U.S. Individual Income Tax Return by the due date for filing your calendar year return (usually April 15) or fiscal year return.

Other Extension Tax forms that we support are:

Form 7004, Application for Automatic Extension of Time To File Certain Business Income Tax, Information, and Other Returns

Form 8868, Application for Extension of Time To File an Exempt Organization Return.

Who Must File an Extension?

According to instructions for Form 1040, Form 4868, Publication 17, and IRS Tele-Tax Topic 304, IRS is consistent on the requirement to file a tax extension:

“If you cannot file your tax return by the due date, you must request an extension. This is an extension of time to file, not an extension of time to pay. If you do not file your return by the due date (including extension), you may have to pay a Late Filing penalty.”

Reasons to file Form 4868.

  1. Filing an extension avoids the 5% per month Late Filing penalty.
  2. The Late Payment penalty will not apply during the six months of the 4868 extension period if the unpaid tax is less than ten percent of the total tax liability.
  3. Filing an extension online provides you with positive confirmation that your extension was accepted by IRS.
  4. Get a TEXT Alert on your extension tax return status.

Due Dates, Interest and Penalties

Due Date for Form 1040, 1040A, and 1040 EZ
Your Individual U.S. Income Tax Return is due by April 18, 2011. (April 15th is a holiday in the District of Columbia).

Due Date for Tax Extension (Form 4868)
Tax extensions are due on April 18 as well. If you attempted to e-file a tax extension on or before April 18 and were rejected by IRS, a grace-period is granted until April 22 in order to correct mistakes. File your extension for time now at

In addition, IRS will routinely (but is not required to) accept e-filed extensions until April 22 for taxpayers who did not file by April 18.

Due Dates for Taxpayers Living Abroad

If you are a U.S. Citizen or resident and are out of the country on your tax return due date, you have an additional two months to file. You can use Form 4868 through June 15 to obtain an additional four months to file. In this case, you should mark the “out of the country” box near the bottom of your Form 4868 and mail it in (e-filing of Form 4868 after April 22 is not supported by IRS).

If file your Form 4868 by April 18, you will be granted an extension until October 17 without regard to your qualification as “out of the country”.


Filing a tax extension gives you more time to prepare your income tax return, eliminates the 5% per-month Late Filing penalty, and in most cases, the Late Payment penalty does not apply during the period of your extension. An extension does not eliminate interest on any outstanding tax balance you may owe. The latest IRS interest rate, as of January 1, 2011 is 3% per year.


Uncle Sam owes the IRS $2,000 for the tax year 2010 and files a tax extension on April 18. He subsequently files his tax return and pays his balance due on October 17. His interest will be approximately $30.


Two penalties exist relating to non-timely filed returns. They are:

  1. The Late Filing penalty: This is a 5% per month penalty on the outstanding tax you owed on April 18. Filing a tax extension eliminates this penalty until October 17. The maximum penalty is 25%.
  2. The Late Payment penalty: This is a ½% per month penalty on the outstanding tax you owed on April 18. The maximum penalty is 25%. This penalty does not apply during the time that a Late Filing penalty is accessed. This penalty does not apply during the six month period of your extension if the unpaid tax is less than 10% of your total tax liability.

Filing an Income Tax extension is Simple, Easy, Quick and Secured only at, rated #1 by taxpayers and it is a pioneer product from ThinkTrade, Inc. a BBB accredited company with A+ certification.

  • Get a 6 month tax extension to file your returns.
  • Simple and Easy steps, to complete an extension application in minutes.
  • In 3 simple steps complete and e-file a Personal, Business and exempt organisation Income Tax Extension.
  • Get instant “TEXT Alert” on status of your return.
  • Receive an email confirmation once your extension is IRS Approved.
  • No Penalty to Filing an Extension.
  • E-file and get an automatic extension of time to file your tax returns
  • Simple, Safe and Secured to do it with


  • Easy and Simple steps, to complete and e-file an extension application with IRS.
  • Manage multiple businesses in one single Account.
  • Efile all your Business and Personnel Income Tax Extensions in minutes from one account.
  • Do an Extension from anywhere, anytime. 98% of Extensions filed through us were accepted by IRS.
  • Efiling is Simple, Safe and Secured only with
  • Instant approval for Extension of Time to report taxes.