Tag Archives: Personal Income Tax Extension Form 4868

It’s time to apply for tax extensions to get extra time to report your business and personal taxes!

Hello taxpayers! As the new tax year starts, you must report and pay your business and personal income taxes to the IRS on or before the deadlines. If you fail to report your taxes on time, IRS will charge hefty penalties, late charges, and interests over your tax dues. To avoid this unfortunate circumstance, they offer automatic extension time from three to six months based on your tax category. Therefore, you must apply for a tax extension to the IRS to avail the extra time to report your taxes to the IRS.

There are multiple tax extension forms for business and personal income taxes. Taxpayers must identify suitable income tax extension forms and apply them to the IRS within the deadlines. Let us look into extension tax forms, their purposes, and deadlines for your clear understanding. Continue reading

Tax Tips to e-file Form 4868 – Personal Income Tax Extension

Tax4868.com is the best and easy way of reporting Personal Income Tax Extension Form 4868 to IRS. It’s possible to get 6-months extra time to report your Federal Income Taxes. Know more about Tax4868.

Does Form 4868 give me more time to file my taxes?

Yes, You can extend the deadline from April 15th to October 15th by filing Form 4868. If you owe money at the deadline, you are still responsible for paying it. Failure to make a payment will result in interest owed and could also be subject to payment penalties.

Do I need to know exactly what I owe to the IRS when I file Form 4868?
No. The IRS only asks that you estimate how much you owe.

Does Form 4868 also extend time to file taxes for my business?
It depends on what type of business you own. If you are a single member LLC, a contractor, or a Schedule C Sole Proprietor, then IRS Form 4868 will extend your tax deadline.

If you have a multi-member LLC or a corporation, then you need to e-file Form 7004 to extend your tax deadline.

Does the IRS need to know why I’m filing an extension?
NO! This is one of the most common misconceptions about tax extensions. The IRS will grant you a six-month extension, no questions asked, as long as you fill out the correct forms on time (that’s Form 4868 for individual income tax extensions, and Form 7004 for businesses).

How do I file a tax extension? Is it complicated?
It’s very easy! e-file Form 4868 with www.ExtensionTax.com the only online tax extension filing service that is very user friendly, handles both personal and business tax extensions. It typically takes less than 10 minutes–you just answer a few simple questions and electronically file your return with the IRS. All of your personal information is kept safe with the latest in data encryption technology, and you’ll be informed as soon as your extension is approved.

How do I know my return status?

We have TEXT Alert feature, a text alert will be sent to your cell phone on the status, this is a premium service. An email alert will be sent to your email instantly once IRS accepts or rejects your return.

E-file an Extension for your Business and Individual Tax returns at ExtensionTax.com. For any further support and queries please call Help Desk 1-866-245-3918 or email to support@ExtensionTax.com